Saturday, February 6, 2010

Potholder Pass: They’ve Arrived!

DSC00829

Look what I got in the mail today!  Aren’t they beautiful?!  Kerry of Freckled Beauties in Canada sent these gorgeous potholders to me for the Potholder Pass swap.  I think they’re too pretty to use so I may just hang them on my refrigerator for awhile.

DSC00830She included a lovely note and said this was her first time paper piecing, “I hope it’s not obvious.”  Well, I think they’re perfect!  I love the quilting design on these.  Just click on the picture if you want to know how she made these blocks.

All potholders are due by mid-February so there’s about another week left to get ‘em all done.  I am so happy that I finished my set and they’re on their way to their new home:

DSC00826I used two simple block designs for my set: Hole in the Barn and Puss in the Corner.  These were pretty easy to make, except I had a little problem with the loop.  I tried to follow this tutorial but for some reason my brain just wasn’t getting it.  I finally figured it out and am pleased with the way they came out. 

DSC00827Now that I’ve done my first set, I am ready to make more!  These will make great gifts for family and friends … maybe with a matching set of these fold-and-turn coasters:

DSC00833 

If you want to see pictures of more fabulous potholders from the Potholder Pass, just click here for the Flickr group. 

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Love the ones you sent and the ones you received. What a fun swap, can't wait to get mine. Your refrigerator will look lovely with these babies hanging on them!

    ReplyDelete