Another Busy Week …

2010-08-13 17_33_05b

Another busy week and not much quilting was done … still working on my #$@ “quilt of errors” log cabin quilt.  I couldn’t stand it so I took apart the center of all 28 units and sewed them correctly.  Time-consuming, yes, but it would have taken me longer to make 28 replacement units.

Anyhow, DS#1 is back from his summer session at Berkeley.  None the worse for wear.  He loved his classes but found his math class very challenging.  He hated the dorm but will have to live with it again in the fall.  He has a one-week break and goes back next weekend for the new school year.

So on the way home from Berkeley, we drove by this vehicle engulfed in flames.  I felt bad for the folks standing by the road, but it seems they were able to save their belongings.  A little excitement on an otherwise boring and uneventful ride.

I took the picture with my new toy ~ a Samsung Vibrant Galaxy Android phone ~ got it in the mail just before we left on our trip:

GOOD Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant SGH-T959 Android GSM Touch T-MOBILE Smartphone

I had a Razor flip phone for a couple of years and it was beginning to fail.  I really liked my old phone.  No fancy gadgets so it was easy to use and served me well.  I told DH that I needed a new phone, maybe a Smartphone that could alert me when I received messages.  Something fairly easy to use and not very fancy.  Well, Mr. Gadgetman (that’s DH) decides to get me this ultra-new super fancy phone … I don’t care for phones that are smarter than me! 

No sooner had DH set it up for me when the darn thing starts yapping.  Someone was calling me and I didn’t even know how to answer it! Anyway, while on the road, I had a chance to play with it a little and am beginning to learn how to use it.  It’ll take me a while to get used to it and appreciate it.  In the meantime, I have three guys who would love to take it off my hands if I decide I don’t want it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops