WIP Wednesday: Frolic Mystery Quilt Plus Quilts For Kids


I spent the past weekend sewing all the sashings and rows on my Frolic Mystery Quilt top, and here it is!  I love it!  I'll do the inner border and then I'll take a break before I tackle the outer border.

I am so glad I decided to join this time and regret not having joined in previous years.  Luckily, all the mystery quilts are available on Bonnie's Quiltville website for purchase.




I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since my last post about the Downy Touch of Comfort. Quilts for Kids and their kits.  Back then, I had decided I was going to change my focus and return to Project Linus which I had been involved with since 2001.

Apparently, I had a change of heart because last October, when I was organizing my quilting room, I stumbled upon 2 kits from Quilts for Kids.  They had been stored away and forgotten.  One of them even had a packing slip from 2013!

And, when my DD left in 2018, she left behind all her quilting supplies and fabric.  As I was packing them for storage, I stumbled upon a kit I had no idea she had ordered. Now I had three quilts that needed to get done and returned as soon as possible.

These are so fast and simple, they really take no time at all. I've already completed 2 tops and should finish all 3 of them soon.  They ask that we return the completed quilts within 4 weeks so I think these are way overdue! 




I also found this Dr. Seuss work-in-progress quilt top that I think I may have started in 2016.  There are 21 completed Sawtooth star blocks plus alternating squares. And, the 1-1/2 inch sashings and cornerstones have all been cut so I just need to sew it all together and add the borders.

I was planning to make it for DGD#3 but I think at 18 years old she has outgrown it.  So, I'll just donate it to Quilts for Kids.

That's it for now ... Happy quilting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops