Surprised and Honored … My First Award

I received my first blogging award - The Versatile Blogger Award – from Michelle at The Desert Quilter!  Thank you so much … I am honored!  I was totally surprised when I read Michelle’s email this morning; and I was very touched by her recognition.


The award comes with a few easy rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award.  (Definitely!)
  • Tell 7 things about yourself.
  • Award 15 other bloggers that you enjoy reading.
7 Things About Me:

  1. I will be married 27 years this December; have three grown children; and 5 grandchildren.
  2. I love to read almost anything, but crime fiction is my favorite.  
  3. I love movies; thrillers and dramas are my favorites.
  4. I hate to cook but love baking.
  5. My favorite subject in school was English (love to write).
  6. My current favorite TV show is The Closer.
  7. I worked for over 20 years as a public service employee, and am a retired Code Enforcement Officer (worked long hours and definitely not overpaid).
15 Bloggers who are receiving the Versatile Blogger Award from me (in no particular order):
  1. Delilah at Love.Laugh.Sew
  2. Diane at Life Scraps
  3. Karen at Sewing Tales
  4. Linda at ScrapMaster
  5. Lori at Humble Quilts
  6. Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts
  7. Nancy-Rose at Life is a Stitch
  8. Tazzie at Tazzie Quilts
  9. Trisha at TLC Stitches
There are so many wonderful bloggers, and it was not an easy task to pick just 15!  The rules are easy but please don’t feel obligated on my part if they seem to be too much work.  I just want to give a cheer and recognition to all quilting bloggers.  I am happy to be part of such a special group in blogland; and thanks to all for sharing your creativity!

Comments

  1. Rita, thank you so much for thinking of me. I appreciate it! I love that quilt in your header! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, thanks for thinking of me! I really appreciate you giving me. Keep up the good work with the WWI too! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so delited that i made your list. You will definitly be on mine. I just love your quilts! I too hate to cook but I love baking!! I love sweets!I can make the best banana bread and I'm famous for my chewy chex mix and caramel corn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your 7 things, Rita. :-) I like the Closer too.

    Will have to check out the blogs of those you nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rita for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops