My original plan was to make 56 blocks with a simple 7x8 setting and was so happy when I finally finished the 56th block. But I was inspired by Marian Birch's scrappy quilt with the beautiful ribbon inner border and decided that's what I wanted to do. After I started working on the twisted ribbon border, I realized I would need more Dandy Star blocks LOL. I ended up making 11 more blocks, for a total of 67 blocks. I need only 52 blocks to meet the challenge so I am definitely in!
I didn't have a pattern for the ribbon border, so I had a bit of a problem with the corners. I used instructions I found online and after a couple of misfits, I found the perfect fit. However, the corners were another issue. They're not perfect but I'm okay with how it turned out.
I hope I can get the quilt finished by the end of the year, but for now, it's going into my "to be quilted" pile.
I'm linking up to the following parties. Please visit them if you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are doing:
Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!