Sunday, February 28, 2010

More Quilts for Kids

 DSC00897

Finally finished the Touch of Comfort quilt for Quilts for Kids.  I named it “Jumpin’ Frogs”, and it is now on its return trip.

DSC00896

I didn’t manage to salvage enough fabric from the kit for the binding so I used a black/white check fabric from my stash.  I think it goes well with the black/white striped inner border.

Check out the twin quilt by Kim @ Stillmeadow Quilting … it’s the exact same kit!  I’m happy to see that other quilters have ordered a quilt kit to piece and quilt that will bring a smile to a sick child.

This was such an easy and quick design that I made a second quilt (below) to send along with the Jumpin’ Frogs quilt.

DSC00894

  DSC00895

I’m planning to request a second kit soon, and I will again add a second quilt to go along.  The Touch of Comfort program with Quilts for Kids has a goal of 10,000 quilts by the end of the year.  Interested in helping?  Click here for more info.

2 comments:

  1. Love the binding on both quilts. I'm sure they will be loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts turned out all soft and scrunchy ~ perfect to snuggle a needy child! This was fun. Thanks for sharing the love! :-D

    ReplyDelete