Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

 

I previously posted about my Halloween No Point Stars top and I am happy to say that I finally finished the quilt ... just in time for Halloween!


I used a polyester snow blanket remnant for the batting.  Yes, a snow blanket used for Christmas villages.  This was not originally intentional.  I didn't want to use Warm & Natural as I was not going to use this as a "blanket" but rather as a display/decoration.  I wanted a lightweight batting so I looked through my bin of batting remnants and found what I thought was just right.


As I was basting the quilt, I noticed some glitter - not much - just a tiny bit on the "batting".  It finally dawned on me why it felt a little different!  How did this snow blanket get mixed in with my regular batting remnants?  Anyway, I was already halfway done so I decided to go with it.


I didn't have any Halloween fabric large enough for a backing but I found this black-and-white toile fabric, which is  actually a curtain made of heavier home decor fabric, and I think works great.


I love the colors and fabrics ... the spiders, the black cats, the skeletons ... there is even fabric with owls and flies.  The stars were so easy to make and it went together quickly.  It measures 50" x 56" so it's a nice throw size.  I quilted it with a simple grid using a straight stitch-in-the ditch.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Love it!!! And the perfect polka dot binding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used what you had (the snow blanket and some home dec fabric) to finish this quilt. The backing is just perfect and that polka dot binding is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and am loving this quilt! I may make it my new "holiday" quilt pattern. Gotta get some Halloween FQs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great!! those stars are just perfect in those fabrics - yay for the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that is certainly a first. LOL! I've never heard of anyone using a snow blanket for quilt batting before. Congrats on your lovely seasonal quilt finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect for this time of the year! Hey, who will know what's in the layers? LOL. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF last week, I am trying to catch up from my week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #9: Picket Star RSC 2022