Thursday, September 2, 2010

Striped Quilt Challenge

IMG_0033 Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  has been hosting a Striped Quilt Challenge; and this is the last week of the challenge which, of course, ends this weekend.

Here is Beth’s quilt … isn’t it beautiful!  When I saw this, I was inspired to make my own striped quilt.

4823946129_8d30c2ea28_b

And, when I joined a month ago, I really believed that I would not have a problem … at least starting a project and even believed that I would surely finish one before the challenge ended.  But here I am, just a few days left,  and all I’ve done is cut a few strips.  I hope this counts as a “start”!

DSC01579

At the time, I knew I had some striped fabric, but I happily envisioned myself going to the fabric store to add to my stash!  Well, that didn’t happen.  And, my limited stash gave me no vision and no plan, so I had to go online for inspiration:

56061369

I’m still not sure what I’m going to do.  I’m thinking maybe pinwheels or hour glass blocks, but I do so love the zig-zag design!

3 comments:

  1. You found some wonderful inspiration quilts!!! I'm tempted to begin another one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zig zag is gorgeous. That's my vote. Enjoy whatever you choose though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you!
    I was looking for new ideas to use my striped fabrics, I found the right one!

    ciao!!!
    Aurora (Italia)

    ReplyDelete