Weekly Finish #4 Wrapped In Hope Quilt

 DSC00874

Margaret's Hope Chest is a non-profit quilting organization that provides birthday quilts for children of prisoners across the country. 

Gabriella is a 'Wrapped in Hope' child from California and her birthday is March 2! She likes pink, purple, and black and Disney Princesses so I made this quilt especially for her.  I finished this today; it just needs a label and it’s ready to go! 

DSC00876

The border fabric is pink and has an all-over design with Princess and crowns.  I used pink and purple fabrics with lime green and black fabrics for accent.  I also used a fabric with butterflies and pink/purple colors.

DSC00877

I was fortunate to find this Disney Princess fabric at Wal-Mart and purchased what was left on the bolt: 1.5 yards so I had to piece it.  It shows blue in the picture above but it is actually a lavender background.


I also signed up to make a quilt for Christian … another ‘Wrapped In Hope’ child from California.  His birthday is in June and he likes Spiderman, books and Mickey Mouse.  I already have the Spiderman fabric so I’ll be working on a design for his quilt, but I have a few months to work on it.

There are still children available who will be celebrating birthdays throughout the year.  If you are interested in volunteering to make a quilt, visit Carin’s blog Margaret's Hope Chest for more information and to see the list of available children.

Wrapped In Hope

Click on the button above for quilt pictures

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops