And Life Goes On

Life is full of surprises with many highs and lows. In June my DGS came to live with me and was accepted into a fast-track high school program at the local community college.  He also started working part-time at a nearby fast-food restaurant.  Then in July, my DD and 2 DGDs also moved in with us.  But last month DGS decided he'd rather live in Texas and moved back.  As disappointed as I was, I knew it was something he had to do.  Besides, I still had DD and DGDs with me!

This has been the biggest change in my life and I am thrilled to have them back in California.  It’s been 10 years since they moved out-of-state.  DD works long hours, and DGDs and I have been spending as much time together as we can, getting to know one another.

FB_IMG_1440102026328



I haven't gotten much quilting done over the past few months as I was more focused on my family.  But a couple weeks ago I took DGD#2 with me to a guild meeting.  I haven't been to any guild meeting in many years, but I was hoping to interest her in quilting.


By coincidence, the August meeting is their Potluck & Challenge program, and we almost left when we got to the door.  But the ladies were all so friendly and quickly invited us to participate.


Even though there were no lectures and workshops, there were plenty of games and lots of prizes!   



DGD even won a bundle of fat quarters, and the ladies at our table quickly gave her their fabric prizes.  They were really encouraging and hoping to persuade to continue with the guild. DGD has never sewn so I can only hope.  But we had so much fun and spent a wonderful time together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops