I'm Back After a Four-Year Gap

I can't believe it's been four years since my last post! And yet it seems it was only yesterday. In 2015 my daughter and two teenage granddaughters came to live with me--and my quilting (and blogging) took a back seat. 




In 2018 my DD and DGD#3 moved out-of-state, but DGD#2 stayed with me while she attended the local community college. Then, in late 2018, DGD#1 also came to stay with us.  I was thrilled to again have 2 of my 3 DGDs with me.


But DGD#2 missed her mom and family; and when the semester ended in June, she moved to be with them. Although DGD#1 still lives here, she has moved to her own place.  

As much as I miss them all very much, I find that I now have extra time on my hands for quilting and blogging.


I also went from having no sewing/quilting room to having 2 vacant bedrooms.  I now had so much room that I didn't know what to do!  All my quilting stuff and stash had been put away for the past four years, and I was excited to finally have it all in one room.  But I had gotten rid of most of my bins and drawers, and I felt lost when it came to organizing it all.  So I did some research and found some great ideas on Pinterest.

When my family asked me what I wanted for my birthday a couple weeks ago, I told them I wanted IKEA gift cards because I found this great IKEA hack using two bookcases for a cutting/storage table:

DIY Sewing Room Cutting Table IKEA hack from A Bright Corner

This past weekend my DH put it all together.



I also bought some drawers and fabric bins.


I found this great idea to hang my rulers with Command hooks also on Pinterest.


I originally was going to get casters to raise the table for easier cutting but then the light bulb went on! I had an old dining room table that I was going to get rid of, but I realized that if I removed the legs then attach the tabletop it would be the perfect height. It was also the perfect width and length.

You can see in the above picture that I've been busy organizing everything ... and keeping DH busy with hanging quilts!

This is definitely a work in progress but I already love it!  

Happy quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops