Weekly Finish #38 Slash Your Stash Halloween Quilt

 


This is the second scrappy Halloween quilt I started in October 2015 with the intention of giving this one to DGD#3 for Halloween.  Life got in the way and the project was put away along with the other Halloween quilt for DGD#2. Fast forward four years later to October 2019, and I decided it was time to finish this quilt too.


I just love the backing - it's soo cute!

Oooh, I hate spiders!  Doesn't that big black one look scary?

Pumpkin goblins and candy corn - perfect for a Halloween quilt

Spooky ghosts

I quilted it with a loop-to-loop design, edge to edge, across each row of strips.  It was fast and easy and I think it's just right for this scrappy design.  The quilt measures 80" x 80" and is a larger throw-size. 

I'm also thinking of the other quilt projects that have been sitting on the back burner, just waiting to be finished. I can feel the excitement build and that itch that needs to be scratched.  And now I have the time to quilt.  I miss my DGDs but have also missed my quilting and am so glad to get back to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops