WIP Wednesday: Dr. Seuss and Frolic Quilt Tops


I've been working on this Dr. Seuss quilt the past few days.  As I was trying to figure out the layout, I discovered that I actually did not have enough sashing strips and cornerstones.  I kept miscalculating the number of strips I needed so I had to dig into my limited dark blue stash several times so the sashing strips are scrappy.  But I finally figured it out!

The top has 42 blocks in a 6 x 7 layout.  Now all I need to do is sew it all together.  I decided not to add a border and will bind it in the same "Sam I Am" red fabric in the Sawtooth stars.  Can't wait to get it finished!



And, earlier today, I added the inner border to my Frolic Mystery quilt top.



Not a lot of progress, but little by little I'll get it finished.

Until next time, happy quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops