Weekly Finish #1-#2: First Quilts of 2020

It's hard to believe that more than half the year is gone.  In spite of everything going on, time just zipped by and before I knew it July was upon us.  

I decided it was time to get back to my quilting, and here are my first two quilt finishes of 2020 - the start of a new decade of quilting.



I posted about these kits from Quilts for Kids here.  And, after all these years, they are FINALLY completed and ready for shipping. Yea!  I have one more kit to do so that's my next project, and I can't wait to get started on it.


Because these quilts will get a lot of use and washing, they need to be well quilted. I quilted these on my regular short-arm sewing machine and decided to try my hand at free-motion quilting.  They are not perfect but they are made with love.  That's two down and many more to go!  

Quilting makes me happy and it keeps my anxiety down during these difficult times.  So until next time...

Happy Quilting



Comments

  1. Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! The RSC Quilters are working their way through their Dark BLUE scraps (and projects) this month. Congrats on finishing these two kits for Quilts for Kids! Best of luck on the third kit waiting for completion and SEW glad to hear that your quilting is comforting you during these tough times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops