Weekly Finish #3-#4: Two More Quilts For Kids 2020


Yay!  Two more finished quilts for Quilts For Kids.


This pattern is Warm Wishes which was first introduced by Quiltmaker magazine in 2000 as the quilt for Project Linus Make-a-Blanket Day (you can see all of the free patterns here). For a free pattern that will show you how to make 4 crib-size Warm Wishes quilts using one queen-size batting, click here. 


I bought the Halloween print fabric years ago and it's from South Sea Imports.  The green print has the dogs in costumes and the purple fabric has bears also in costumes.  I think these prints are stinking cute!



The backing is also a Halloween print called Skelanimals from David Textiles.  I found this print last October at M & L Fabrics. They had tons of Halloween fabric and I stocked up.  Aren't these "skelanimals" adorable?



These quilts measure 36" x 47" and I quilted them on my short arm Mega Quilter on the Inspira frame.  I had not used my short-arm for several years so it took me a bit to get back into the swing of things.  The quilting is not perfect but hopefully, I'll get better with practice.



Here is my stack of 11 flimsies from at least 2010 which I blogged about here.


And here is the same stack today (minus 4 that were gifted) ... 10 years later!  I can't believe it's taken so long but better late than never LOL!  Just glad they're all done and ready to be donated.

 



DH bought this for me in 2005 when we attended the Los Angeles County Fair, and I can't believe it's already been 15 years!


When I first got it, I set it up with the smaller size in the extra bedroom aka sewing room but I quickly realized that I needed the full size.  And that set-up worked great for many years.  

But in 2015 DD and DGDs came to stay with me and I had to move it out of that bedroom.  I had no other place for it except the formal dining room and that's where it remains.

DD and DGDs no longer live with me and I have my sewing room back but with my new cutting station, I have no room for the Mega Quilter.


My cutting station is made from two IKEA bookshelves with cubbies and drawers for all my "stuff".  It's attached to the wall for stability and it works great for me.  Thank you to DH, again, for putting this together for me and all his help.

Linking up to Alycia Quilts Finished or Not Finished Friday and Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF Friday Finish with Lisa in Port Hope.

That's it for now, so until next time ...

Happy Quilting



Comments

  1. Love your warm wishes quilts. I made quite a few of those myself. It’s a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finishes and fun to see your rooms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some stinkin cute fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how long it took, great to get done. They are wonderful gifts for kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great and happy finishes!! and its okay to let them marinate for a while!! your stack of finishes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet quilts, they will make someone feel loved and warm. Love your bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing the last of that stack of UFOs. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! And better late than never, they say ;). Thabks for joining us at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops