WIP Work In Progress: Halloween Warm Wishes and Lucky Stars Floral




I started this top back in May or June then put it aside since it was a Halloween quilt.  Actually, the main print is Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead).  With Halloween only a couple of months away, I thought it was time to work on it again.


The pattern is Warm Wishes, a favorite pattern I use often.  The colors show up kinda funny in the pictures but the strips are light orange, purple, and lime green.  Maybe I can finish it up over the weekend.




This is the start of a quilt I'm making for the daughter of a very dear friend.  She said she likes pink and red and would love a floral quilt.  Perfect because I've had the prettiest Moda floral fabrics in my stash since 2010!  Time to make something pretty with it.

I've been searching for the right pattern and am debating between Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs (another favorite) and one I found online by Tilda's World. The design uses simple blocks which I think would nicely showcase the floral prints.  Decisions, decisions.  Maybe I'll just make one of each -- yes, I have that much floral fabric! 😄

 Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops