Go! Big Cutter Is Here ... And I'm Not a Happy Camper - UPDATE

 

I've been waiting for days for this cutter and I knew it'd be here on Wednesday.  Yesterday morning I got up as excited as a child on Christmas day and sat by the window waiting for that FedEx truck.  Ok, I didn't exactly wait by the window but my sewing room has plenty of windows facing the street.  I spent the morning cleaning and re-arranging my sewing room so the cutter would have a dedicated space.


Finally, it arrived in the early afternoon.  I immediately set it up, imagining myself spending the rest of the day just "playing" with the cutter.  I decided my first test cut would be 2.5" squares using a die from the 8" Qube set.  Greenlight, ready, set, go...and voila!  I had accurate 2.5" squares.  I was happy.


But that happiness was short-lived because soon afterward that green light turned to red.  Ugh!  A steady red light means there is a jam and the machine is set on manual reverse.  What?  There is no die jam so I unplugged it and after a few minutes plugged it again.  Still that darn red light. When hubby got home, he discovered that the "bar" across the front that turns the rollers on/off is not working properly.  Definitely defective.

I submitted a Support Ticket, and this morning I received an email with instructions for a hard reset.  Uh, no, that is not the problem so I replied explaining the defect in detail.  Hubby is very good at dealing with complaints and getting resolution so he'll be calling them.  

In the meantime, although not ideal, I can still use the cutter by manually pushing the die through in reverse instead of the auto-feed through the front.


As disappointed as I was, I wanted to at least get some use from the cutter so I decided to make some half-square triangles.  These are the 4.5" units I made using the manual reverse method.  


I always have issues with the half-square triangles but with the Go! Cutter they came out perfect and sewing them was pure joy.  The pinwheel is not sewn; I just wanted to see the units together.  So, yes, I think the cutter will work for me.  Hopefully, we can resolve this issue soon.


And here is the basket filled with the scraps I was (am) planning to cut with the Go! Cutter.  


All the scraps in the basket came from this "trash" can.  It's next to my cutting table so I just throw scraps into it as I'm cutting.  I had to move it from its original location because my kids kept throwing trash in it LOL!

It was pretty full so I thought it was time to tackle the scraps.  It takes a LONG time to fill it so some of those scraps are pretty old. I'll probably work on this project over the weekend.  Let's see how much I get done😃!


UPDATE 09-25-20:  I've been cutting most of the afternoon and have a nice pile of 2.5" and 5" plus a few 4.5" squares.  And, yup, the Go! Big cutter is now working perfectly fine.  The "bar" got stuck the first few passes and I had to manually unstick it, and then just like that it started working just fine all afternoon. I'm happy about that, especially because I haven't heard from Accuquilt.  Anyway, the problem solved itself and all's well that ends well.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops