I Want One: Go Cutter

 

The Go Cutter has been around since 2007 but it was never really under my radar.  Comparing the price of a Go Cutter with a rotary cutter and it was a no brainer for me.  Plus I enjoy using my rotary cutter (with a sharp blade, of course) so the Go Cutter seemed like just another expensive "toy" I didn't need.

Fast forward 13 years and I'm not only that much older but I'm also wondering why I'm waking up with pain in my right shoulder and my hands.  It finally dawned on me that my pain is caused by all the rotary cutting I've been doing with all my recent quilt projects.  

I've joined several Linky Parties and have been reading many quilting posts and that Accuquilt Go Cutter keeps popping up.  Well, that Go Cutter keeps looking better and better!


I was still on the fence because of the price but I hopped on over to their website and discovered they were having a sale -- $100 off.  That's a nice chunk of change that was a big incentive to make the leap.  

With my birthday coming up next month, I thought that would make a very nice gift from hubby.  But with the sale ending on Thursday, it would have to be an early birthday gift.  Hubby agreed right away and I ordered it this evening.  Free standard shipping too and I'm a-ok with that.  

It really stinks getting old-er but there are some perks.  I'll take them when I can!



Comments

  1. I have one and don't use it often. When I do, I love it, though. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your early bd present. I’ve owned mine for a couple of years and sometimes use it a lot and sometimes it sits. Keep your eye pealed for sales. Start thinking about what size blocks you generally make and then consider buying a Qube. I decided a 9” Qube made sense as a 4 x4 set would give me a 36” sq quilt. A little extra border world bring it up to 42” which often will fit on 1 width of fabric and be a great NICU quilt. You might enjoy watching AccuQuilt’s videos — every Wed they do an hour session on FaceBook. Sometimes there are other presentations. The last one I watched they gave a 20% discount on most of the dies. And knowing how to load the fabric is worthwhile. Ok, I could go on but I’ll quit babbling now😉.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, thank you SO MUCH for all this info. The Accuquilt cutter I ordered came with the 8" Qube and they currently have a BOGO 40% promo on some of their dies. And I also joined Accuquilt on FB as you suggested. I can't wait to get started.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops