WIP Work In Progress: Appalachian Autumn Update

 

I am happy to say that I finished the top for the Appalachian Autumn quilt that I posted about last week.  I still need to quilt and bind it so it continues to be a work-in-progress.  Hopefully, I'll be able to complete it next week.  


In the meantime, I still have my Halloween Stars top to quilt and bind, which I hope I can get to sometime this week.  

I can't believe Halloween is just around the corner.  When my boys were little, I loved decorating for Halloween and taking them around the neighborhood for trick-or-treating.  We had tons of trick-or-treaters and it was always a lot of fun.

 When we moved to this neighborhood 23 years ago, it was a brand new community with young families.  Everyone knew each other.  But alas, the "children" are now grown up, with careers and families of their own.  Although some families have moved, most of us have stayed and are now growing old together with empty nests.   And over the past several years, we have fewer and fewer trick-or-treaters.

Since it's just hubby and me at home, I don't decorate for Halloween as much as I used to.  This year, the extent of my decorating involves displaying my Halloween and fall quilts, with maybe a pumpkin or two here and there.


Now that I'm pretty sure I'm done with Halloween/Fall quilts, it's time to get started on a Christmas quilt.


Last month, I signed up for A Very Coriander Christmas BOM program from The Quilt Spot after I read about it on FB.  The program runs from September through August 2021 so it's really a Christmas quilt for next year.  Hey, for once I'm ahead of the game!


A few weeks ago, I received the book and fabric for September and just recently received the kit for October. It is such a treat to receive a package of gorgeous fabric.  I can't wait to get started on these.

But I do have to get started on a Christmas quilt for this year first.  I have a couple of projects to pick from and I should have one in progress for next week.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I love both of those quilts! They're both so different, and so perfect for fall. It's kinda cool that most of your neighbors have stayed around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita! I love both your Autumn and Halloween quilt tops. I am wondering how you are going to quilt the stars! I love stars but always have indecision on how to quilt them. I hope when you get it finished you share some closeups of your quilting design. The Christmas quilt for 2021 looks like fun - who wouldn't want to get pretty fabric in the mail?! Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilts! Perfect for fall and just in time too! How lovely that you know most of your neighbors. Sorry that you don't get many truck or treaters but it looks like this year we won't get any! Your BOM looks so pretty! Don't you just love getting a package each month? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts! So pretty and fall-like, makes me love this season even more! Soon you'll be sewing up your Christmas quilt..so lovely! Thank you for sharing your projects on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops