Weekly Finish...Or Not: Grassy Creek Mystery Starts Today!

 

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Day.  Hubby and I spent a quiet day and did a Zoom dinner with my sister and nieces.  I must say I definitely miss our in-person get-togethers but Zoom is better than nothing.  

I have not been together in-person with my sister since February when we celebrated her 90th birthday.  I have been to her home but can only visit her from the driveway.  She comes out to her balcony and we have a little chat with me underneath in the driveway.  She's Rapunzel to my Eugene LOL.  We're all very protective of her so I'm okay with that.  I am SO looking forward to 2021.

My sister is an amazing person

This will be my second Bonnie Hunter Quitville Mystery Quilt, and for once, I'm starting on day one.


Last year's Frolic Mystery was my first ever and it took me out of my comfort zone. I'm not a pink person but I think this color combination is stunning; and the blue matches the blue throughout my house. It was a challenge and it is not perfect but I am proud to have finished it.

This was definitely a learning experience and one of the things that stuck with me was not to overthink the colors.  I fretted about exactly matching the colors with the ones Bonnie showed.  I worried that I had too much of one fabric and not enough scrappiness.  But in the end, it didn't matter as much because the pieces are so small.  What really mattered was the contrast.

Gold, Red, Green, Orange, Gray, and Neutral

For this year's mystery, I pulled most of the fabrics from my stash.  I already had plenty of gray, red, and orange, and surprisingly, I even had some light green color.  But I did have to add to my gold and white neutral stash and now I'm good to go.

I do want to give kudos to all the talented and creative quilters who are comfortable putting together their own color combination and be fairly confident that it will be remarkable.  I am not that imaginative but I am inspired by you all.  I can't wait to see your beautiful creations!

I'm off to start working on Clue 1 which I'll post about as my work-in-progress.

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops