Monday Making: 2021 Quilting Goals


It's been a long time since I've made personal resolutions for a new year, simply because I would forget about them by the time February rolled around LOL!  But I would like to start this year with a list of quilty projects I resolve to do this year.  I think I'm more likely not to forget these!

I apologize for the lengthy post as I do have an ambitious list!  So without further ado ...



(1) Quilt and bind DD's Star quilt top - January project - I'm embarrassed to say how long ago DD made this quilt and asked me to quilt it for her.  It has been years and I promised that it would be finished when she visits this year.  It'll be on the quilt frame this week and should be quilted by end of next week.  Quilty resolution #1!


(2) Replace binding on DD's Rail Fence Quilt - January project - I made this quilt in 1999 and it is the first quilt I ever made.  I took a beginning quilt class at my LQS; and a couple years later, I gave it to my DD.  I took the picture before I put the binding on, but I did eventually sew on a solid black binding.  This is her favorite quilt and has used it so much that the binding is now frayed and torn in some places.


(3) Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt - January project - We are now in the sixth week of this mystery and more than halfway through.  I'm pretty sure the final clues and reveal are only a couple weeks away.


(4) Valentine's Day Heart Quilt - January/February project - Well, I just can't decide which heart pattern to make so maybe I'll make each one? Ha!  The first one is Simple Hearts from Cluck Cluck Sew.  I love the non-traditional fabrics used by Sharon Holland. The second design is Tender Hearts from Missouri Star Quilts and I may make one for my DGD.  The third one is Chains of Love by Jedi Craft Girl, another quilt for my other DGD.  And the fourth one, also by Jedi Craft Girl, is a 4-Patch Mini Heart Quilt.  It's only 26" square and maybe this small wall hanging is all I'll have time to make!


(5) International Sister Quilt - February/March project - Last year, I stumbled upon this block and quilt by Sew Preeti Quilts via a Linky Party.  After reading her blog post, I knew I had to make one as a birthday present for someone special whose birthday is in February.  I doubt know it won't be completed by then but at least I can start it.  Although the pandemic is still ongoing, there is light at the end of the tunnel; and we hope we can get together to celebrate by June so I do have extra time to finish this.


(6) St. Patrick's Irish Quilt - February/March Project - I've only made one Irish Chain quilt in my 20+ years of quilting, which I donated to charity.  So, this year I decided to make a quilt for St. Patty's day.  I found the pattern for the bed size quilt in the March/April 2008 Love of Quilting magazine.  Well, my resolution is to make the bed size quilt but I'll probably just end up doing the smaller wall hanging aka table topper.  The free pattern is by The Cloth Parcel.


(7) Spring Pinwheel Sampler - April/May project - I made this pinwheel sampler in 2010 when Rachel of p.s. i quilt hosted a quilt-along.  I really like it so I don't know what possessed me to sell it.  I still have a few of the fabrics and have decided to create another one to keep.


(8) Uncle Sam's Patriotic Quilt - June/July project - this is one of my early quilts, made in 2000.  I was unhappy with it because I made several mistakes and my piecing wasn't very accurate so I ended up selling it.  Hopefully, I've improved over the past 20 years so I want to make another for the 4th of July.  And I do plan to keep it, even if it does have a flaw or two!


(9) Wild Wings Silver Wolf Panel Wall Hanging for DD - June/July project -  Back in 2018, I went to a quilt show and saw this quilt hanging from a vendor's booth:
I was so taken by it that I decided I would make it for my DD, who calls herself Wolf Gurl. I bought the panel and took a picture of the quilt ... and that was the end of that.  I put it away with good intentions and then life happened but I am determined to complete it this year.  As much as I loved the original design, I may go with something different.  The top 3 pictures are some examples I found online.  DD's birthday is in January and this is to be her BD gift.  No, I do not plan to finish it this month, but we hope she can visit sometime this year when it is safe again so I can give it to her.


(10) Y2K Millenium Charm Quilt III - Year-End project - I still have 80 "squishies" and yardage to make my third and final Y2K charm quilt.  I want to do something more creative than just sewing squares into rows, and I found a few ideas online:


That's 10 projects for now.  But, no, wait!  There's more:  these are my on-going monthly projects:

(A)  I started this quilt in October last year and so far have completed 3 blocks.  I received the kit for Block 4 but haven't started on it, and I should be receiving Block 5 over the next week or two.

 



(B)  I love the block for the new 2021 Stash Buster Challenge.  A couple of quilters were quick to the draw and already completed a couple of blocks.  I can't wait to get started.


(C)  I didn't participate in last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) but I'm definitely jumping on the bandwagon this year.  The pattern I've chosen is Rolling Rainbow, a free pattern by Robert Kaufman.  And, I ordered my Kona fabrics from Joann's during their holiday sale.  So I'm ready to go!
That's quite a few projects to do for the first half of 2021, but my tentative plan is not engraved in stone and is subject to change. :)  Honestly, I have way more projects to do that have been kitted and stored for years.  We'll see how it goes with this list and I'll do a 6-month review at the end of June.

I am full of hope and excited about the new year.  Yes, hope for our future and hope that I can complete these projects.  Well, I guess I better get going!

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts,  Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt, and To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us.  For more wonderful quilt projects, please visit the Linky Party.

Until next time ... 
Be safe and keep on quilting!
 

Comments

  1. You have some lovely quilts planned. I look forward to seeing their progress, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are progressing on your 2021 goals. I am getting a slow start on mine so I really liked to see your list. I like them all, especially the hearts ones. Hard to choose between them. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, join in on any Monday so we can read your blog. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops