Weekly Finish ... Or Not: Valentine's Heart Mini Quilts

 

I finally finished the flimsy tops for my granddaughters' heart wall hangings.  Now onto the quilting and binding so, although finished, the tops are still UFOs.

As I worked on the sashings with 2-1/2" squares, I realized it was going to be faster and easier to make these with only the four blocks.  I want to be sure I finish these and get them in the mail well before Valentine's Day. 



Each mini quilt is similar but the hearts are not exactly the same.  I left out the hearts with aqua blue and green, although one mini quilt does have a green heart.  These have more pink and pastel colors than I first envisioned but I like the pretty "spring" look.


I like the red and green colors in the original pattern but I worked with what I had in my stash.  I still have quite a few leftover heart blocks so I think I'll make a larger quilt for myself.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Very pretty in pink (and green) quilts. Hope you've been able to make a start of finishing these up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute are these!!! What a fun wallhanging! ( or set of them)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops