Weekly Finish...Or Not: Grassy Creek Mystery Update

 

I finally finished the center panel of my Grassy Creek Mystery quilt.  Everything went smoothly until the end when I was finishing up the outer rows.  I kept sewing the units wrong and had to unsew the row 6-7 times.  Then I found a star block that I had to unsew and fix.  Ugh!  I put it away for a day and finally got it right so I was able to finally sew the inner border today.

I'm putting it aside for a time while I decide on the borders.  I'll probably stay with the string units as Bonnie has in her pattern, but I'd like to see what other folks do for inspiration.

There are many small pieces and many seams, but it wasn't very difficult. The color scheme is something different for me but I am very happy with it.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

  

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Your center looks great, I put mine together last week with a minimal amount of re-doing. I'm working on an alternate border of 1 ½ inch (finished) squares of all the scraps from the center. I am about half way through piecing them. I am having second thoughts, may have to audition a border on the quilt today to see if it'll work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an idea. I saw one with a "piano" border of color using the leftover fabric from the center. I thought it was so pretty. I'm still on the fence. Would love to see what you come up with. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying my journey with "Grassy Creek" and am currently stitching the strings for Clue #6. I felt the piece needed the texture of strings, but lacking a great variety of grey, I've included some greens in each unit. I too am not sure what I'll do as to borders, but that's a long way off just now! Yours is very pretty, and like you, I wasn't sure of the colour scheme but because I had so much of most of the colours, I decided to go with it. Looking forward to how you resolve your borders. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I don't usually use gray but made a couple of quilts for my GDs and gray was their choice. I also made Bonnie's Autumn quilt with gray so I my gray stash grew. Glad I had it for Grassy Creek. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  3. It's looking great, kudos to making the whole quilt and getting so far already. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to finishing it too but it'll be awhile. Thank you for the visit!

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous!!!! The gray blocks really make the others stand out. Isn't ripping out frustrating? But I'm glad you noticed and got it all fixed before the next borders went on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad too - really glad I noticed before I quilted it! Thanks for the visit and comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops