WIP Work In Progress: Grassy Creek Mystery

This was on my design wall on Monday, after completing Clue 7 of the Grassy Creek Mystery, which also had the reveal.
 
As I worked on this mystery, I wondered if and how much I would like the design.  But any doubts disappeared once I put the units together to create the blocks.  I love these blocks and would have been happy with just the blocks alone.

However, I still had all the cornerstones and sashing units from Clue 6.  I must admit that these string-pieced units with their little corners were the most time consuming and not the most exciting.  I couldn't wait to get them done!

I spent most of the past few days working on this and by yesterday I had finished the main center design.  I just needed to finish up the end sides, which wouldn't take long, and I left that for the next day.

First thing today, I started working on the final units, as I watched the impeachment proceedings.  Probably not a good idea as I wasn't focused and paying attention.  See that bottom row with the yellow triangles?  Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!  Honestly, I sewed everything wrong, multiple times.  I had to unsew it 6-7 times!  Then, thinking I had it right, I sewed the top row ... also wrong.  Geez!  I'm working on that top row tomorrow.  I did finally fix the bottom row and finished one of the sides correctly.  

Tomorrow is another day and I'll have the center completely done.  Then I'm putting it aside for some time and will work on the borders when I get around to it.😃

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Hi Rita! I spite of your mistakes - I'd blame them on the proceedings - your top looks fabulous. The blocks alone looked great but then when you added the gray piano keys it took this to another level. I love your fabric choices. You just never know about mystery quilts, do you?! Nice job and thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne, for the visit and sweet comment! And thanks for hosting the linky party. I really enjoy participating!

      Delete
  2. I agree...those blocks are gorgeous. But even more so with the sashing! This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops