WIP Work In Progress: Scrappy Heart Lap Quilt


I finally put together 20 of my extra heart blocks into this lap-size quilt top.  There is a lot of white in the background so I opted for a smaller 1-inch sashing with color cornerstones.  

I couldn't decide whether or not to add borders.  What color inner border should I add?  What about the outer border? Then I thought about adding a pieced border.  Maybe pinwheels or 4-patch units?  I auditioned a few units with and without a white inner border, and nothing seemed to be right.  I finally decided to use the leftover 2.5" strips I used to make the blocks to create a scrappy border ... and voila!  Now onto quilting and binding.  Hopefully, I can finish before Valentine's Day.



And, today I finished December's Block 4 Holiday Cheer in A Very Coriander Christmas BOM subscription.  I still need to complete Block 5 for January which I should get done over the weekend.  I'll then be ready for February's Block 6.  We'll be halfway through so this continues to be a work-in-progress.  I really enjoy working on these blocks.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!
 

Comments

  1. Your heart quilt is so sweet!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart quilt is so pretty! It's bright and cheerful, happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Valentine quilt!!! I love how you did the border! Your single block is a beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt! The hearts in the center of the blocks, the colors and that border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart quilt is beautiful! The Coriander Christmas block looks wonderful. I love Corey Yoder patterns and fabric but I have so many projects in the works that I opted not to start this one. I shall enjoy seeing your quilt. Thank you for linking up and joining my online quilty circle of friends ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty scrappy heart quilt - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Valentine's top! You made the right choice for that border. Glad to see you have kept up with that bom. The blocks are so cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from My Quilt Infatuation. Congrats on your sweet quilt being featured on Needle and Thread Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops