WIP Work In Progress: Warm Wishes Charity Quilts

 

I love the Warm Wishes pattern for making charity quilts for kids.  This center panel is currently on my design wall and it's made with a print of planets and constellations.

I usually finish these Warm Wishes quilts with no border and just binding.  But I think this one will be perfect for an older child, so I plan to add an inner border and an outer border with the same printed fabric to make it larger.  


I took a break from sewing heart quilts and sewed four more flimsies using the Warm Wishes pattern.  Two with a Mickey Mouse print, one with a Dr. Seuss print, and one with ballerina animals.  

This pattern is so fast and easy that I could easily sew one up in a day but it also helps that these were previously cut up into "kits" a few years ago.  I won't be putting borders on these so they are ready for quilting and binding.  I'm not sure when I'll get to that but I'll sew a few more charity-quilt "kits" and then quilt them all at once ... sometime this year😉.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn by Us
Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Great quilts and such an easy pattern. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have these go-to patterns under your hat that work so well for a variety of fabric prints. Love the solar system fabric print for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been sew busy. Your warm wishes quilts will make the recipients feel loved. Thank you for linking up and warming my day ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita! What a great batch of charity quilts. I can definitely see that an older child will love the planet and constellations for sure. I have a little two-year-old great-niece that would adore the ballerina animals, too. Thanks so much for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops