WIP Wednesday: Stash Buster Challenge and Quilt of Valor


I'm still working on my Stash Buster quilt and have now completed 36 blocks.  I'm going to take the time to cut up the rest of the blocks so I can just grab a couple to sew when I have a few minutes here and there.  


I started this Quilt of Valor (QOV) last week after a dear friend asked me to make it for her husband, a Vietnam War veteran.  I have gifted her a few quilts over the years and I know she values and appreciates the quilts I give her so I was very happy to oblige.  I'm still trying to decide on borders but I should have it completed soon.  Well, this one was not on my 2021 quilting goals list but that's okay.



And this Raven Moon project is definitely not on my quilting goals list.  It is more of a squirrel!  I bought this bundle a couple years ago and recently stumbled upon it.

Since Halloween is just around the corner (isn't it?), I thought I may just go ahead and make it this year.
The bundle includes 2 panels and 6 fat quarters.
It's hard to believe this small bundle of fabrics is enough to make a 46 x 64 wall hanging.
I've never been one for panel quilts but after working on the QOV panel quilt and seeing so many pretty panels online I am now a panel fan!


This is the pattern I plan to use, which is free from e-Quilter.  It looks to be fast and easy so I should be able to complete it by Halloween.

And, I'm still working on my Very Coriander Christmas BOM quilt.  The 12th and final kit has arrived so I will be posting about this project shortly.


So, until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops