Weekly Finish ... Or Not: Grassy Creek and Uncle Sam's Star

 

I've been busy making quilt tops and have no finished quilts to show you.  But I do have two completed flimsies to share.

This pattern is Uncle Sam's Star from a 2000 American Patchwork magazine.


This is one of my quilting goals for 2021 and thought I'd finish it for July 4, but that didn't happen.  I'm adding it to my UFO pile for now and probably won't finish it until next year.




And I FINALLY finished my Grassy Creek Mystery quilt top.  Yea!

I'd been putting it off because I was undecided about the border.  The thought of making all those string blocks wasn't very appealing so I thought I'd do a plain border just to get it done, but I didn't have anything in my stash that would work.  Then I realized I'd done all that work for the center and why should I go with a boring border.  So I bit the bullet and worked on those string blocks, 7 at a time for a couple of weeks; and I am so glad I did.  This one is also on my quilting goals list and I do plan to complete it before the next mystery starts.


I'm linking up to the following parties.  Please visit them if you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are doing:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Both quilts are fabulous and I just love that gray pieced border you went with for your Grassy Creek. Some quilts just need to “marinate” a little while we come up with what they need. Some say done is better than perfect — but sometimes if you set it aside for awhile, you can come up with something that will be both perfect for your quilt AND done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flimsys are gorgeous! I LOVE the string block border - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Uncle Sams Star is awesome! and holee cow - look at that Grassy Creek - that looks like a million pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops