WIP Wednesday: Unity Quilt

 
I took a break from my Y2K quilt and started working on another 2021 quilting goal.

This is the Unity quilt pattern by Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.  It was an 8-week quilt-along mystery from 2020 that was her way of uniting quilters from all over the world to complete this quilt as we sheltered-at-home due to Covid -19.  "When the going gets stressful, creativity goes into hyper-drive for so many of us."

This is Bonnie Hunter's Unity Quilt

I didn't participate at that time as I had enough projects to keep me busy.  But I did get the PDF pattern and added it to my list of 2021 quilting goals.  I really thought I'd get to this one months ago, but time just flew by.  And, with the end of the year just around the corner, I decided I'd better get on it.

I started it a couple days ago and am happy with the progress so far.  I think the main reason I put it off was that it looks complicated and I wasn't ready to deal with it.  But now that I've started it, I realize it's not as difficult as I thought -- intricate, yes but not difficult.  Just taking it one step at a time and enjoying the process.

I hope I can at least finish the top over the next 10 weeks (yes, only 10 more weeks left in 2020!) -- in between working on my Y2K quilt and starting Bonnie's new Winter Mystery next month -- not to mention the holiday hoopla. I am looking forward to this year's holiday family get-togethers.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to: 

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. You've gotten pretty far in only two days! I love your fabrics. Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops