WIP Wednesday: Y2K and Unity Pinwheel Star Blocks

I see light at the end of the tunnel!  36 blocks completed and only 14 more to go.  Let's see how many I can finish by next WIP Wednesday.

The charms in the top 2 blocks came from Bonnie P. in Alabama: ...I have only been quilting about four years but I have been quilt crazy since I was a teenager...I have helped my mother cut about 30 quilt tops over the last few years.  I am presently making three Y2K quilts, one for each of my daughters.  A few of my goals are to make a beautiful Baltimore Album quilt, a Dear Jane quilt, and hand quilt a quilt I have completely designed myself...

The charms in the bottom 2 blocks came from Marge B. in Wisconsin: One of my favorite childhood memories is sitting around the kitchen table learning how to crochet and embroider from my grandmothers...you name it, I've done it...what I've enjoyed the most is my quilting.  My first quilt is a jewel tone geometric quilt which is still in my U.F.O. pile.  I will finish it some day.  Lately, I've been working on...a variety of other projects...All this is done between my family,...my job, and housekeeping...I hope you enjoy the charms I've sent.


I know I said I was going to put my Unity quilt aside to work on my Y2K quilt but I wanted to finish one more row of blocks.  The 32 pinwheel star blocks for the fourth row are now finished and it's a good place to pause my progress on this top.  I'll pick it up after my Y2k quilt is complete.



I am organizing and settling into my "new" quilting room.  This is the upstairs bonus room (a 2nd family room) which is larger than the small bedroom I was in.  DH used it as his TV room and office aka man-cave but he lovingly agreed to switch rooms.  So we spent the better part of last week moving furniture and actually getting rid of some of it.  It felt good to declutter.

DH spent the better part of this past Saturday setting up the new loft frame for my Moxie.  Unfortunately, there were some missing parts as well as the Velcro strips that are attached to the ratchet poles for the leaders.  Handi Quilter is sending the missing items and hopefully, I'll get them soon.  So I have to wait a little longer to try out my new machine.  Sigh.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

 

Comments

  1. I'm anxious to see what you think about your Moxie! Look like a nice setup. Those charms are so pretty, and I enjoyed Bonnie's and Marge's stories. Love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your Moxie isn't ready just yet, but it's worth waiting for. I think you will really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your blocks on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops