Weekly Finish...Or Not: Rhododendron Trail Quilt Top Plus One More


My Rhododendron Trail Mystery quilt top by Bonnie Hunter is finally FINISHED!


I am amazed that I actually finished the top so soon.  Of course, it'll be a few months before I quilt and bind it so for now it's in my pile of tops to be quilted.  That pile continues to grow and with a new quilting machine, I really have no excuse. LOL!


I also finished this quilt top using the Silver Wolf panel plus four pillow panels.


I bought the panels years ago at a quilt show with the intention of making my daughter a quilt for her birthday.


This is the original quilt displayed outside the retailer's booth at the quilt show.  I fell in love with it and knew it'd be perfect for my daughter.  At the time it wasn't in my budget to buy the kit so I just purchased the panels.

Last year, I decided to finally make this quilt for her birthday this year and had to search online for the companion fabric.  I was lucky to still find some of it but had to make do with a different fabric for the HSTs.  I didn't have a pattern so I did my best to create the same design, although I did use a narrower border.  
I'm very happy with the results and can't wait to finish it.  

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to: 

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Your Rhododendron Trail is lovely! Can't wait to see it quilted. You did a great job on the wolf quilt. I have no doubt that your daughter is going to love it! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow!!! Congrats on two top finishes--BH mystery and your long time goal of the panel quilt for your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two wonderful finished tops! I love them both, lovely colors for Rhododendron and beautiful borders for the panel. I'm sure your daughter will love it!
    Thank you for sharing your pretty flimsies, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops