WIP Wednesday: Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt Clue 8 and Reveal

 

I can't believe I've been keeping up with the clues for the Rhododendron Trail Mystery and have already completed the center. I love the narrow aqua sashing. It adds just the right pop of color. I plan to work on the borders next week and hopefully have the quilt completed in February. 

This is my third Bonnie Hunter mystery and didn't finish either of the tops for the previous mysteries until August or September.  And, then I didn't complete either quilt until November so I'm amazed at the progress I've made on this one.  

This year's mystery seemed to go faster than previous mysteries where we sewed units for weeks until the whole reveal.  But, with this mystery, we did some assembly which made it less overwhelming.  And, yet, I also found it a bit more challenging.

I was a bit underwhelmed with the colors as they were similar to the Frolic mystery with the pink and aqua, but I'm happier with it now. 


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Yours is looking beautiful. I got through Part 7 and then decided to take a pause to give myself a bit of time to decide if I was going to finish it as Bonnie designed it. I might change the sashing color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery center is beautiful! I love the colors in this one, especially the aqua frames. I have saved all the steps but have not sewn a stitch of it. Bravo on keeping up with the steps! I have two previous Quiltville Mysteries in various stages of block pieces. I have never been able to keep up or even finish one of them. Bravo on finishing two of her mystery patterns! Looking forward to seeing your quilt ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. You may be still on the trail, but I am sure the summit is within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would enjoy the idea of making larger units as the mystery progressed, so I'm with you there. I would find that encouraging. Your mystery quilt is very pretty! Congratulations on keeping up. Not many people can say that! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops