Weekly Finish #28: What Cancer Cannot Do

What Cancer Cannot Do


Finished: 47" x 59"



This is a quilt for a dear friend I've known for over 20 years.  A few years ago she was diagnosed with cancer, and it seemed the cancer was caught early.  After surgery, she thought she had a clean bill of health.  Unfortunately, a year later, the cancer metastasized to her lung.  Sadly, there is no cure, no surgery, and nothing can be done except weekly chemo to keep the cancer at bay for as long as possible. The good thing is the chemo is working and the tumor has not grown.


My friend has a wonderful positive attitude and looks great.  She has not allowed this illness to take away her love of life.  She loves to visit friends and family and just get out to live life.  She is an inspiration.  Cancer cannot and will not conquer her spirit.


I bought the "What Cancer Cannot Do" panel with a pattern last year when I saw a quilt on a blog.  The words perfectly describe my friend's attitude, and I knew I had to gift her this quilt that is full of love and hugs.


I quilted it with an E2E design with butterflies and used a cuddly Minky fabric on the back.  The batting is Warm & Natural. This was so fast and easy that I finished it in 3 days and is now ready for my friend's birthday in a couple weeks.


10/30/22

UPDATE:  I had lunch with my friend today to gift her this quilt.  She loved it and it was an emotional moment.  She's a great friend and an amazing person.  Even though she's battling cancer, she cares for her 4 grandchildren while their mom, a single parent, works full-time and goes to school to be an RN.  Everyday heroes and angels.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. How cool is that!!! it is encouraging to hear that your friend is doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift for your friend! She sounds wonderful, and it seems that this quilt has totally caught her bright spirit. Prayers for her. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it, and I'm sure your friend will too. It's a beautiful pattern, a great panel, sweet colors, and cozy backing! It's going to be a quilt loved and cherished.
    Thank you so much for sharing, and linking up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops