Weekly Finish...Or Not: International Sisters and Crescendo Runner UFOs

 
After putting this top aside so I could make a Sisterhood quilt for my sister, I finally made enough blocks to finish it.


I started making this quilt in June and originally planned to make a lap sized quilt with only 32 blocks and no border, just binding.


Once I assembled the top, I decided I wanted to make it bigger so I cut out more blocks.  Well, they were then sidelined until my sister's quilt was finished.


An additional 22 blocks later, and my top is finished.  I added the blocks without considering size and didn't realize how big it would be.  It's one of my bigger tops measuring at 88" x 102".

Between my sister's quilt and mine, I have made 84 sister blocks.  As much as I love making these ladies - they are so easy and fun to make - I'm done for now.  The top is now added to my "to be quilted" pile.


This next unfinished project is a table runner from a kit I purchased from The Guilty QuilterThis was a Halloween theme kit that was on sale in August last year.  


I love the geometric design and want to make a bed size quilt but was a little intimidated.  I thought a table runner was the perfect project to get my feet wet.  It was not as difficult as I thought and I am happy with my runner.


This is the pattern for a bed-size quilt and I'm adding this one to my project list for next year.

I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I love your Sisterhood quilt, the added border is great! Lovely table runner too, fun pattern.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to give the runner a try first before committing to something bigger. Looks like you've mastered 3D! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Sisters is so pretty!!! I like how you made it bigger !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops