Weekly Finish #35: Raiders NFL Team Quilt
Raiders NFL Team Quilt
Finished Size: 75" x 98"
I made this quilt on the spur of the moment for my son-in-law who has congenital heart disease and is on the heart transplant list. He recently had open heart surgery for a heart pump (LVAD) and had to spend his birthday in the hospital.
I decided to make this quilt for his birthday and to comfort him. He's been a fan of the Raiders since they were the Oakland Raiders and I knew he would appreciate the quilt.
The pattern is "1st and 10" from McCall's Quilting and is free. Click here for a pattern to make this quilt. It was so fast and easy to make - I completed it in 10 days.
The quilting design is Touchdown, an E2E design from Urban Elementz. The footballs, helmets, and stars are perfect.
The backing is a mottled gray which nicely shows off the quilting design.
My daughter and son-in-law live in Kentucky, so I had to send it to him via UPS. I was a little bit nervous but it arrived safe and sound. He's recuperating at home now and loves his quilt.
I'm happy to join these linky parties. Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll quilts
- Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
- Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
- Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More
- Put Your Foot Down @ True Blue Quilts
- Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
- TGIFF Friday Finish @ Kathleen McMusing
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Can I Get a Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Of course your SIL loves the quilt. It is perfect for him. The touchdown quilting motif is so, so much fun.ReplyDelete
What a great guy quilt. It's a good use of a focus print. Thank you for the link to the pattern.ReplyDelete
That is a super cool quilt!! Way to take his favorite and make it a hug!!! Hears to a speedy recovery ;-)ReplyDelete
What a lovely gift! I'm sure your son in law enjoyed it so much. I hope he's feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.ReplyDelete