Weekly Finish #1 and #2: Stack 'n' Whack & Stand for Ukraine Wall Hanging

My first two quilt finishes of 2023.

Measures 62" square

This first one - a Stack 'n' Whack wall hanging - has been a UFO since 2004 when I completed two similar wall hangings.  Apparently, I put the leftovers in a storage bag and put them on the back burner - way in the back LOL.  It was going on 20 years so I figured it was time to get 'er done!

There were 2 completed blocks in the bag plus several loose "wedges".  I didn't make a third quilt back then because the "wedges" weren't accurate duplicates and I ran out of fabric.  I decided I would complete it anyway since I was keeping it.  I think it looks pretty good in spite of the mismatched blocks.


I quilted it with an E2E quilting design by Creative Stitches called First Snowfall. I used red thread and love the results.


This is a picture of one of the two quilts I made in 2004.



I made this second wall hanging from the Quilters Stand for Ukraine pattern by Pat Sloan.  This is a single block but the pattern also includes instructions to make a quilt.  The block finishes at 18-1/2" and the wall hanging measures 24" square.  I have it displayed by my front door to show support for Ukraine.
I made one last year and posted about it here.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops