Weekly Finish #6: Yellow Brick Road Pirates Quilt

Yellow Brick Road Pirates Quilt

 

Finished Size: 65" x 92"

I made this quilt for my darling granddaughter Kaite.  This one has been "in the works" since she graduated high school in 2018.  She lived with me for 4 years, during her high school years, and I have many fond memories of our time together.

She attended a performing arts high school where she continued studying the violin and piano.  They are called the Pirates; and red and black are the school colors.  So I started collecting fabrics with a pirate and musical theme.  

She moved out of state in 2019 and this project was put on the back burner.  But when she told me she was coming for a visit, I took it out of UFO status.  Yea!!

I quilted it on my Moxie with an E2E design pre-installed in the Pro-Stitcher Lite.



I love all the different pirate and musical prints, many of which are Pirate Tales by Riley Blake.


I've made several quilts using the Yellow Brick Road pattern by Atkinson Designs.  It is one of my favorites - fast and easy - and it was perfect for this quilt.


I was so excited to finish the quilt and give it to my DGD that I forgot to take a picture of the back.  This is a picture of the fabric I used for the backing, also Pirate Tales by Riley Blake.


And, of course, a label completes the quilt!


Katie loved her quilt and I love Katie!  She's back home and I miss her very much.


This is the quilt I gave her last year during her visit and posted about it here.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow me on Bloglovin'              Follow me on Feedly

Comments

  1. YBR is one of my fav patterns, too!!! What a great version for your DGD--so many meaning full fabrics and panto, too!!! How wonderful that she lived with your for 4 years of HS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt!! and great memories of the time you all had together!! that is super special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt! Absolutely perfect for a graduation. That label is wonderful, and will remind her how much you love her. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special quilt for your grand-daughter. Thanks for sharing in my weekly Sew & Tell party. I hope that you'll join again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops