Weekly Finish #9: Picket Star RSC 2022

Picket Star RSC 2022

 

Finished Size:  84" x 101"


I finished the top for this quilt last year and posted about it here.  The pattern is Picket Star by Sew Preeti Quilts.  I have enjoyed reading her blog for a couple of years and love her patterns.


Sew Preeti was so generous to provide a free tutorial to make this block that she used for the 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  She made 9 blocks for her RSC quilt which finished at 53" square.


She also made two beautiful larger quilts with 20-30 blocks, and I decided I would use the Picket Star block for my 2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


I made 30 blocks for my quilt over the course of 6 months, a different color for each month.  The block is 17", a nice larger size that is fast and easy to complete.



I used a simple quilting design that was pre-installed in the Pro-Stitcher Lite called Apple Leaves.


I made the backing with a sheet and fabric from my stash.  I've used bed sheets on a few of my quilts and have never had any problems.  They're always so soft after a couple washes.  The batting is Warm & Natural, my usual go-to.


UPDATE (8/30)I was planning to keep this quilt but instead donated it to the Maui fire victims via the Maui Quilt Shop.  My thoughts and prayers go to all affected by this tragedy.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. What a lovely donation! They will appreciate it so much. Love how scrappy this is, and bright! So pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/30/wednesday-wait-loss-343

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer, for the visit and positive comment. I always enjoy reading your blog and looking at all the quilting beauties. So inspiring!

      Delete
  2. You quilt is so cheerful. It is one that had I made it, I would have to hang it for a bit to admire it. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Rita. Your Picket Stars make a wonderful quilt. Great choice of color pairs. I am very impressed at how you preserved all points on the edge without a border. Thank you for the shout-out. You have done me proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your patterns and appreciate so much your free tutorials. I donated this quilt but plan to make another for me. Thank you for your visit and comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops