Weekly Finish ... Or Not: Hawaiian Shirts and What Cancer Cannot Do Flimsy Tops

Last year, DH and I went on the Southern California Quilter's Run.  He enjoys it as much as I do and I appreciate that he does all the driving.  There weren't as many participating quilt shops as in previous years, but it still took us two whole days to finish the run.


One of the shops showcased this quilt, and DH said he really liked it.  I knew I had the free Moda pattern and told him I could make him a similar quilt.  He was so happy he immediately started shopping for fabrics.


I already had a few FQs of Hawaiian fabric I purchased on a trip to Hawaii a few years back and knew this pattern would be perfect.  But I was a little uneasy of the 3-D collars and kept putting it off.  So hubby's request was the perfect reason to get me motivated to make this.  It still took me a year to get to it and it was not difficult at all.  DH has seen the top and says he loves it.  I'm going to finish it and gift it to him for Christmas.




 The pattern for this top is "What Cancer Cannot Do", a free pattern from Block Party Studios.  This will be the second quilt I make for a another friend who was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a blood cancer.  Her birthday is next month and this will be a gift.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish #9: Picket Star RSC 2022