Weekly Finish #2 Quilt Along Heart Quilt

DSC00820

I started this quilt last year in August as part of Chrissie Grace’s Quilt Along party. Well, I FINALLY finished quilting and binding it. 

This is another quilt I am donating to Project Linus so the binding is sewn on by machine.  I think this makes it sturdier to withstand the many machine washings. I also quilted it with an all-over loopy design, which seems much easier than meandering.  The hearts have a raw edge so they should get fuzzier with each washing.

DSC00821

The backing is a pre-owned curtain that was donated by my neighbor.  She replaced the curtains in her bedroom and gave me her old ones … they make great backings and so pretty too.

I’m really happy how this quilt came out … just in time for Valentine’s Day!

Happy quilting!

Comments

  1. Your quilt reminded me of the one I made for my granddaughter. It was very similar. I called it "Love in all directions. Each heart faced a North South West or East direction. I appliqued them on with a satin stitch in the color that matched the heart to muslin squares. It was in all shades of purple and pink. She still sleeps with it every night. :>)
    Someone will feel very special to get the one you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Heart Quilt. Must have been lots of fun. I also love that you reused the curtains for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet quilt Should make some litte person very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart quilt is fabulous. I hope the lucky recipient appreciates your talent and hard work.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops