Weekly Finish #1 String Quilt Challenge

 DSC00818
DSC00816

Wow, this is a really scrappy, busy quilt!  I did an all-over loopy meander design.  I tried to keep it simple since there is so much going on with the top.  I was going to use a 101 Dalmatians bed sheet for the backing, but instead, I used a really cute Raggedy Ann-Andy print that I found in my stash.  It has a medical theme and the characters are dressed as doctors and nurses.  I thought this’d be appropriate since I am donating this to Project Linus and the quilt will be going to the Loma Linda hospital.

I’m posting this on Stephanie’s Loft Creations blog and her No Strings Attached challenge, and I’m also participating in Stacie’s It’s a String Thing Challenge.

I just want to share photos of the string quilts I made for my grandchildren for Christmas 2008.  The one on the left is a Spider Web design from a Quilt In A Day book:

P1020382

Click on the photo for more pictures


And, like any good quilter, I have a couple of WIP projects.  Another nickel quilt: this is Tillie’s Treasures.  Still working on the layout:

DSC00813

I’m also working on this Bouillabaisse quilt top.  Started it in September so I hope I can finish it up over the next month or so:

DSC00651

Until next time … keep on piecing!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on you finish. Great borders you've added. So wonderful you're able to donate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW!! Good for you that you finished it!! And you did a great job on it too!!I am still working on mine :(
    bp

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the red inner border and the way you finished the outer border. Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your quilts are adorable. Love that spider web one. lucky grandkids!!

    did you know that disney is giving away free park passes for service. And I think (doublecheck) that project linus is one of the organizations that is participating. you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops