WIP Christmas Nickel Quilt Top

DSC01411

A UFO becomes a WIP ~ I made the blocks for this quilt last year.  By the time I’d finished all 48 blocks, I needed a break … and so another UFO was born! 

I’m trying to focus on finishing up my UFOs, so I pulled out these blocks and just finished sewing them up.  But I’m not too crazy about it.  I’m thinking I should’ve used a different background, but I wanted to replicate this quilt:

scan0082
The pattern is Northern Lights, and it’s another nickel quilt from Pat Speth … you know how much I love her patterns!  I had some old Christmas prints that I wanted to get rid of use up, and this seemed like the perfect pattern. 

The problem is that I can’t find the right fabric for borders so I’m not lovin’ it much right now.  I’m thinking I’ll just leave the borders off … and maybe it’ll be better once I quilt and bind it … so, for now, it’s another WIP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops