Weekly Finish #27 Y2K Charm Quilt Top


This is my second Y2K 2000 Charm Quilt Top which I started in 2006.  


I hope to have it completed before the end of the year.  Well, that’s the plan, anyway!


I completed my first Y2K quilt in 2004 which I gave as a gift.  And, although this top is not technically a "finished" quilt, it has taken so long to complete that I have to count it as a weekly finish.


It seems only yesterday that we were at once excited and anxious about the new millennium.  To celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime event, many quilters wanted to create a Y2K quilt with 2000 different squares (“charms”) of fabric. 

There were many swapping groups, and I participated in several. I was able to collect enough charms to make THREE quilts, each with 2000 squares!  So, here we are many years later, and I’ve barely finished piecing the second top.  Hopefully, I can get it quilted before the end of the next decade!

And, yes, I still have 80 more “squishes” stored away, each with 25 charms, waiting to be finished into a quilt!

UPDATE 12/31/20:  I finally completed this second Y2K Millennium Quilt.  I posted about my completed quilt here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops