WIP Work In Progress: More Quilts for Kids

 

This is another flimsy that has been around for a few years. DD made this top for one of her daughters and brought it over to me 5 years ago.  Well, we put it away thinking we'd get to it sooner or later, and here it is WAY later! Finally got it quilted and I should have it completed by Friday.

And this is the last of the 3 kits for Downy Touch of Comfort Quilts for Kids that I posted about here.  Back in February -- before the pandemic really hit -- I spent a couple of weekends with my niece Lisa and helped her make her first quilt.  She was so excited to finish it and I figured this baby quilt kit would be perfect for her next project.  I was supposed to return to help her but our quilting-together time was put on hold by the pandemic.

After I finished the other two kits last month, I wanted to finish this one too and return these quilts after all these years. So I drove to her house and retrieved the kit.  (Yes, we kept our social distance and wore our masks.)  She showed me that she had sewn the blocks and attempted to put the quilt together.  But, to her dismay, the blocks didn't quite fit as they should. Once back home, I took the blocks apart and realized the only way they'd fit together was by using a scant 1/4 inch seam.  This top is now finished and the quilt will be completed by Friday.

This should have been an easy-peasy quilt for a beginner but it turned out to be a little bit more complicated.  But it was a good teaching opportunity and my niece has now started her own quilting notebook to keep track of any tips or words of wisdom.

Until next time ...

Remember, the best things in life are quilted!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops