Weekly Finish #11: Happy Halloween Scrappy Stars 2020

 

I finally finished my fast and "easy" Halloween wall hanging that  I posted about last week and the grief it gave me.  




It's definitely not perfect but I'm happy with it.  I love the stars and colors.  I quilted this on my regular Bernina machine with diagonal straight stitching and stitch-in-the-ditch along the stars and sashing. 


The backing is a mish-mash of 2 extra blocks and leftover Halloween fabric.  The batting is pieced from Warm and Natural remnants. And, I attached a sleeve to the top so I can display it next month.  The wall hanging measures 41" x 51".


Here is the original quilt I made for DGD#2 which has 20 star-blocks in the front and 6 more on the back.  I started it in 2015 and finally finished it last year.  I say better late than never!

I have one more Halloween quilt to make and then I want to make another fall quilt.  I hope I can finish these before Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt starts.  I'd also like to make a Christmas quilt.  Time flies by so fast when you're sew busy!

Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Great goals! I’d never accomplish 2 fall(Halloween) quilts and a Christmas quilt before Black Friday! But my fingers are crossed for you! I’ll keep checking back! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know it's ambitious but I try to keep busy as I'm staying isolated and am by myself all day long until hubby gets home. I think I may also be trying to make up for lost time when I stopped quilting for 5 years. Thanks for the visit and your encouraging comment.

      Delete
  2. LOVe it!!! it is totally perfect for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita, I'm sorry that this quilt caused you so much grief, but now that it's done, I hope that it was worth it. It's really cute and will be perfect for putting up to Halloween. Feel free to link up to Free Motion Mavericks - we'd love to have you join the party! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and stars too. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its really stunning. If I had not shared featured your quilting last week in Put your foot down I would most definitely would have shared this one. Lucky you on 2 AccuQuilt cutter, I have been considering the electric cutter. After you receive it and use it a bit you'll have to let me know your thoughts. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops