Weekly Finish ... or Not: A Couple of Flimsies

 

No completed quilts this week but I did manage to finish my No Points Halloween Stars quilt top.  I'm not putting borders on it so it is kind of a finish, right?  I won't get to quilting this one until next month, sometime before Halloween.


Last week, I posted about my work-in-progress on this Dia De Los Muertos quilt top, and it's now on the frame to be quilted.  

I have not been 100% happy with this top since I saw it on my design wall.  I think the printed squares are too small and now I noticed a couple of boo-boos.  They're not very obvious because the printed squares look scattered but there is a planned design.  There are 2 printed squares on the upper right side that are turned upside down and touching 2 other printed squares.  They were not this way on the design wall which means I didn't pay attention when I was sewing the blocks together.  Oh, well, just don't tell the quilting police!

Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I wouldn't have noticed the mis-piecing had you not pointed it out -- but if it bothers you before it's quilted, then it will drive you crazy after it's quilted. (I'd rip and resew.) The Halloween-themed stars are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your No Points Halloween Star quilt. Even though we don't celebrate Halloween in a big way here, I enjoy seeing all the Fall decorating popping up on the internet. Your colours work so well together. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful to me. Isn't it funny how we catch those things ourselves once its too late to do anything about it? Both quilts are pretty. And yes the one counts as a finish for the week. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the progress. Both quilts are colorful and fun. I hate finding errors when I think I'm finished. Most of the time you are the only one that notices, but I've fixed most cause I know it will bug me once the quilts are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops