WIP Work In Progress: Floral Lucky Stars

Last week I posted that I was starting a new quilt for the daughter of a dear friend.  It's hard to believe that you begin a quilt with a pile of strips ...


and end up with this generous lap size quilt top ...

It's a bit bigger than I thought it'd be so I'll wait for my Mega Quilter to quilt it on the frame.  Hopefully, in a couple of weeks.

All the fabric is from my stash so I had to be creative with the colors.  Pink and red should be predominant with some green and a bit of brown.  This was my inspiration quilt from Tamarack Shack ...


Lucky Stars is one of my favorite patterns from Atkinson Designs.  It's fairly easy and goes pretty quickly.  I thought, however, that I would try to control the scrappiness of the units and put it up on my design "wall".


I don't have a "real" design wall but I do have a large closet with double sliding doors.  So I use this "design wall" from Fons & Porter which I hung up using Command hooks on the closet doors. 


It is basically a vinyl cloth with flannel backing.  I suppose an inexpensive vinyl tablecloth would suffice.  But this one has grommets and was on sale at Joann's when I bought it.  It's not perfect (it should be flat) but it works for me and sure beats having this on the floor.  No more aching back and knees!

Trying to control the scrappiness on this quilt didn't work as well as I thought it would.  I decided to just randomly sew the units to make the blocks and hope for the best!

Linking up to:
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


So until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. This quilt looks so cute! Your friend's daughter will love it! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautifully scrappy! Scrappy looks great on this quilt! That's a fav pattern of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and comment. Will probably make another quilt using this pattern.

      Delete
  3. I love that pattern so much I bought it twice. I really should look for it because I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a beautiful quilt! Another fan of this design. I made a king size, a lap quilt, and a wall hanging all from the same batch of Civil War Repro fabrics. From the scraps, I made two mini quilts with a third one in the works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to do another quilt with this pattern using Mary Engelbreit fabrics I've had for years. I've a batch of Civil War Repro fabrics that you've inspired me to us. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops