Weekly Finish #12: Dia De Los Muertos Quilt 2020


I posted about this completed quilt top a couple weeks ago and finally finished the quilt today.  I machine-sew the binding on charity quilts so that makes it fast and easy.

The quilt measures 42" x 52" and has a polka dot sheet for the backing.  I used a low-loft polyester batting.  

This is the first quilt I quilted on my Mega Quilter since it came back from the repair shop a couple weeks ago.  I've had this setup for 15 years and have never used it with the laser pointer and pantograph pattern.  I even removed the shelf when I moved the setup to my dining room.  

But several weeks ago I saw a YouTube video with someone using this setup; and I thought if she can do it, so can I, right?  So off I went to put the shelf back up then to search for the pantograph patterns.


Here is the pattern I chose because it looked very simple and easy.


And this is the result of my first effort using the pointer and pantograph.


It's not perfect and it definitely takes practice.  Plus, I should have planned it a bit better and started/ended the edge-to-edge quilting with the inner border; then quilted the outer border.  But now I know!  

This little quilt will be added to the donation pile, but for now, it's on display in my living room with my other Halloween quilts.

Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. I love your finish! Such bright happy colours! Your pantograph quilting looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish #9: Picket Star RSC 2022