Design Wall Monday: Charming Christmas Top


This is what's on my Design Wall today.  This design is from Freckled Whimsy's Charm Pack Quilt Along and I'm naming my quilt "Charming Christmas".  The design has 25 blocks and the quilt will end up approximately 72" square.  

I love Jacob's Ladder block because it is so versatile.  The picture above shows 4 blocks that I put up "just to see".  Freckled Whimsy also suggested other layouts:


A couple weeks ago, posted about my work-in-progress, even though it was hardly a start.  Since then, I have made the needed 150 HSTs and the 75 four-patch units.  Now, I'm ready for the fun part - the layout.

I first thought I would go with the same layout I used in my original charm-pack Christmas quilt from 2010:


But I decided to go with a different layout this time around:


I'm pretty sure I'll add a 2.5" white inner border but I'm thinking of doing a pieced outer border.  I'll do some research before I make a decision.

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts where Judy showcases her beautiful Carpenter Star quilt in red, white, and blue in plaids and checks.  Of course, there are other wonderful quilts to visit at the Linky Party.  

Until next time ... 
Be safe and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops