WIP Work in Progress: Christmas Quilting

 

I made this Christmas quilt top 10 years ago using charm packs from Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas.  The pattern is a Charm Pack Quilt Along by Freckled Whimsy.  Surprisingly, the instructions for this quilt are still available here.

I never completed the quilt and, regrettably, I ended up selling the top.  So I decided to make another one which I definitely plan to keep. 

Unfortunately, the Kate Spain charm packs I used in 2010 are no longer available and impossible to find.  I do love the red, aqua, and green color combo and have been collecting similar color fabrics so I'm good to go.


The top is made with 25 blocks; and each block consists of HST and 4-patch units.   Since the units are made from 5-inch charms, it's not a very difficult pattern. 

So far I've only made these 12 HST units and I also have all the charm squares cut out.  Not a whole lot of progress but at least it's a start.  The remaining HST and 4-patch units should go together pretty quickly.



I also considered making this Folk Art Christmas Star quilt but I didn't think I'd be able to finish it before Christmas.  Maybe I'll make it my own block-of-the-month quilt - well, make that 4 blocks per month - for Christmas 2021. So many quilts, so little time!



And I completed Block 1 of A Very Coriander Christmas BOM. The block measures 18.5" unfinished so it's an easy fun block to make.  I really love this fabric collection and I can't wait to make the next block.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Oh I agree--so many quilts so little time! It's hard to decide and Christmas ones are always fun! Thanks for the link to that pattern--I like it! Have some charm packs I'd like to get used up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita! Such a pretty quilt with a Christmasy vibe - I'm sorry you got rid of it and can see why you regret it. I think you could easily replicate it with similar fabrics. The Folk Art Christmas is a pretty pattern as well but the center seems so dark to me. You owe BOM sounds like a fab way to get the quilt top finished by next year. Thanks for the link to the pattern and for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty quilting to be seen here, Rita. Yes, it is hard with so many pretty patterns and fabrics to find the time to jump into it all. I have two squirrels presently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful Christmas feeling here! Love your original Charm Pack quilt and I'm sure your next one will be equally as good. Your block for Coriander Christmas is beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops